“With a first quarter net profit of CZK 273 million in 2014, we maintained profitability compared to the same period last year. PPF banka continued to pursue its key business activities over the quarter, increasing the volume of its loans by 14%, mainly in the export and structured financing segment. The balance sheet total was almost CZK 100 billion and ROAE stood at 26%.”
Petr Jirásko, Chief Executive Officer
Highlights for January to March 2014:
• Net profit after tax for the first quarter of 2014 was CZK 273 million, in line with the first quarter of 2013 when net profit was CZK 276 million.
• The balance sheet total increased 13% year on year to CZK 98 billion as at 31 March 2014. There was a slight quarter-on-quarter decrease compared with the CZK 105 billion at the end of 2013.
• Loans to clients increased 14% year on year to CZK 31 billion, as at 31 March 2014. Volumes were in line with the end of 2013.
• Overall capital adequacy stood at 13.1%, as at 31 March 2014, a 1.4 pp increase compared with the end of 2013.
• The main source of financing continued to be liabilities to clients, which rose 14% year-on-year to CZK 80 billion, as at 31 March 2014, and accounted for 82% of the balance sheet total.
PPF banka is part of the PPF international investment group. PPF Group N.V. holds 92.96% of the bank’s stock, and the City of Prague holds 6.73%.
We are using cookies on our website to ensure that you will receive the best experience while using our website. These cookies might relate to your information, your preferences or your device. The information does however not usually directly identify you, but it could provide you with a more personalized and better web experience. Since we do respect your privacy, you can choose to not allow some type of cookies. For more information on the types of cookies and the possibility to change the default cookies setting, click on the heading of the individual types of cookies. Blocking some types of cookies may impact your user experience on our website. For further information on how we process your personal data (cookies) please click on the section "More information about cookies”.
It is necessary to create a cookie to remember the choices you have made within our cookie privacy menu as well. This is going to have a couple of consequences:
Strictly necessary (technical) cookies are necessary for the functioning of our website and can therefore not be switched off in our systems. These cookies do not [collect or] store any personal identifiable information. They are usually a response to your actions and related to a request for services such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in the forms.
These cookies allow us to count the visits and the traffic sources on our website so that we can measure and improve the performance of our website. The performance cookies are supposed to help us to understand which sections of our website are the most and least popular and show how visitors move around the website. All the information that these cookies collect are aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you prefer to not allow these cookies, we will not be aware of when you have visited our website and we will not be able to monitor the performance of the website.
Functional cookies enable the website to provide you with enhanced functionality and personalization. These cookies are set by external administrator - to protect user data from unauthorized access. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.